Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wordless Wednesday 7

Let's just say that I am no good at this wordless business and call it a day.

Or not.


Since this is my latest household project, I thought I would share it with you. Management is very tired of partner-less socks and has tried for years (approximately 15 to be exact) to find a solution. If you have been witness to the lonely sock pile in my house, you know what I mean. Think of the number of misplaced socks you have with 2 people, then multiply that a few times and you'll be close. It got so bad that the little bin I was using had to be replaced so I bought one of those collapsible hampers. Yep. A collapsible hamper. And it was almost completely full. Sad, I know.

But thanks to my friends at Allenberry, we have a new system at the King household. One day when I was child wrangling in the green room, I overheard this conversation:
"Peter, where are my socks?"
"Where did you put them?"
"In my lingerie bag."

Aha! Lightbulb. There's an idea. One of those, "Why didn't I think of that?" ideas.

Now each family member has his/her own lingerie bag (don't tell my boys that this is it's intended purpose) marked with the appropriate child's name. Any socks that you want sorted and returned to you must be placed in this bag before bringing it to the laundry room. Any socks not in a bag will be placed in the sock bin-of-rejects and you are on your own to look through and sort your own socks. So far, so good.

This sign, which will be hanging in my laundry room soon, is just a reminder of days gone past and of what life could be like for those who do not follow the system.

Next I'm going to make a pre-sort reminder. And yes, it is going to include pink underwear. First I need to "borrow" (no, I don't plan to wear it) some unsuspecting child's whitie tighties, soak them in some pink dye, then hang them from the line next to a bunch of red clothes. Brilliant.

I love visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment