Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Favorite memes of 2020

 

This one was from way back in March or April. 
Now that many kids have been home much longer, yeah, 
absolutely zero chance that they're being taught new math.

Back in the olden days when I was a homeschool mom, 
we were all up-and-at-'em and dressed and ready for the day
whether it was school-at-home-or-not.
'Cause how many people get to work in jobs where they can get up 
at whatever time they want, wearing whatever they want?
But then everyone was working/schooling from home
and we all had Corona Fatigue so, yeah, 
if you can't lick 'em, join 'em!


With 9 of us living under one roof, 7 in online school,
1 teaching online school, and 1 working from home, 
the work was endless.
So, we finally declared that everyone had to do their part.
For a select few, you'd have thought we asked them
to donate their teeth. Without anesthesia.
But really, who gets a free ride in this world?



My heart was increasingly saddened by the social media stoning I saw 
repeated over and over again. At a time when people needed compassion and love 
and grace, they were met with anger and self-righteousness. No wonder
I on day received a text message, "I'm giving up on the church."
Some days I didn't know if my heart could keep breaking for the hurting.

Seems like a much more Biblical response than what
happened too often this year, don't you think?








And I don't even drink.

If Eden wouldn't have made so many delicious baked goods...


I never did like math.

The Brady Bunch made it look like a lot more fun
than it really is. I hate staring at myself. 




Now. I think the answer is now.


Well, it's not wrong. Right?
But thank God, it's over.


No comments:

Post a Comment