Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Hope

"Before the Morning"
Josh Wilson
Chorus:
Would you dare, would you dare to believe
That you still have a reason to sing
Cause the pain that you've been feeling 
It can't compare to the joy that's coming
So hold on you gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the dark before the morning

Some days I carry hope well. I can take whatever Victor dishes out. I respond with love and grace. Other days it only takes one mean word from him to find myself overwhelmed with discouragement. To give up. To feel hopeless.

Psalm 71;14a
But as for me, I will always have hope.

How?

Psalm 71:15-18
My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, 
though I know not its measure.
I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign Lord; 
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, O God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your might to all who are to come.

You've given him sight when the doctor said there was none.
You've provided a good school and a PCA.
You've healed trauma in other children in our home. You continue to heal them.
You've sent people to surround us when we're spent.
You've given me children who have chosen to serve and follow you.
You've provided godly spouses.
You've given provided the right college for each child and given them jobs.
We have our health.
We have a home that meets our needs.
You give us each new day.

Psalm 71:24a
My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long.

And I will have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment