Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, November 11, 2019

Birthday blessings

We are nearing the end of the 30-ish Days of Cindy. It has been a good month+. I have been encouraged by your notes, uplifted by your cards, and blessed by your gifts. Gifts for Backpacks of Hope, gifts of watching Victor, gift cards (I'll be drinking chai from now til I'm 60!), phone calls, experiences (pottery making with Eden!), invitations out (yay to Olive Oil Grille, Shady Maple and The Cracked Pot!), books, sweet treats, funny gifts and serious ones.

This past weekend my family gathered, coming from near and far. Saturday night my parents and best friend and her husband joined us as well. We ate together, talked, shared words of affirmation (I survived), and laughed. Much laughing. The best gift.







"Thank you for providing me with a godly example of living out His mission as a mother with a houseful of kids. You have inspired our family to reach out to those around us, even when it feels so hard to do, but having the peace to know you are right where God wants you!"

"The things you have done for others through your 50 years show how much you always looked to those who might need a friend or help in some way...Your faith in God, commitment to family and those you have reached out to are an inspiration to us."

"I am thankful for your mentorship, teaching, and example of faithfulness even when things are hard."

"You've personally taught me so much and your life has reflected jesus in so many ways."

"You are an inspiration and blessing to a lot of people. When we shared [a difficult situation in our life], you were one of the first people to respond with a message of support...I love that you share so much in your blog. Knowing that other parents have similar struggles helps a lot when you are going through the rough times."

"Your experience, dedication, commitment to the Lord and a commitment to learning have made you a wise woman who carries authority to speak into the lives of others."

"It has been enjoyable for us to watch you "come into your own" as you have developed and allowed your natural gifts to be used for the benefit of others...We appreciate your vulnerability and vitality for life."

"You are a blessing and inspiration. Thank you for being yourself and following God's leading for your life and passions."

"Thank you for all the ways you minister in church, especially your unconditional love for children."

"You are such a blessing and an example of Jesus living in the real world. I am so thankful for your presence in our lives - for your faithfulness and perseverance in doing the hard things, in your encouragement towards us, in the example of parenting that has literally been a foundation for our own lives as parents. I want you to know that you are seen and loved. I'm believing that ths is going to be your best year yet!"

"The thing that I appreciate most about you is your candid vulnerability. When I have interacted iwth you, heard you speak, or read your blog posts there have been many moments when I have felt that I am not alone in my feelings, struggles and even my circumstances. In addition to this, you have inspired me with the way you walk through difficulties."

"When I think of people who lead by example, who practice what they preach, and truly use love as a verb, you are one of the first to come to mind."

"Thank you for stepping out of the boat and following God's calling. We are so very grateful for your example of intentional Godly parenting."

"You inspire me with the intentionality you live your life by. You have poured into the lives of so many children and given them opportunities to be all who God created them to be. You are making a difference!"

"You absolutely exude love and joy to those around you! I feel lucky enough to have received your love, and I feel I understand you more now that I'm a mother myself... Knowing you has made me a better person, and I know I'm a better mother than I would've been had we not met."

"God has blessed you, protected you, guided you and instructed you. You have given to so many out of what you have received."

Thank you, everyone for the birthday wishes. I am blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment