Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, July 13, 2018

Summertime Victor-isms

Mariana to Hope: Have a great time at camp. Make some new friends.
Victor: Yeah, make some imaginary friends.

********************
Victor: Mom, I found the flip flop phone.
(Yeah, we still have one of those dinosaurs.)

********************
Victor: Does the baby love me?
Mariana: Everyone loves you!
Victor: Even Dolly Parton!

********************
Victor: I just want everyone to talk to me.
Mariana: Well, what if I just wanted everyone to talk to me?
Loooooooooong pause...

Victor: Well, that doesn't make any sense.
Mariana: I have to share my mom just like you have to share your mom.
Victor: No, you don't. You have a mom in New York.

Mariana tried to explain that she does not have a mom in New York.

Victor: What about a dad?
Mariana: No, I don't have a dad in New York.
Victor: Did they die?
Mariana: No, this is my mom right here.
Victor: I don't believe you.

Thus ensued 2 minutes of arguing this point...

Victor: Well, I love you anyway.

Mariana walked away to get ready for work.

Victor (with a sly smile): Mom, now I get you all to myself.

********************
Victor: Mom, remember when I belched?
Me: Yes.
Victor: Dream about it tonight.

********************
One of Victor's favorite pretend play activities is drive-thru window. His second favorite is food truck. Miss. Jackie got stuck playing the second. Of course, Victor is always in total charge of the scenario.

Victor: We're at the playground! Let's play food truck. Miss Jackie, stand right here and order some food.

Jackie: I would like some ice cream.

Victor: No, you are in line. It's not your turn to order.

Victor: Now it's your turn. What do you want?

Jackie: I would like some ice cream please.

Victor: We don't have ice cream. And we don't have donuts.

Jackie: Well, what do you have?

Victor: We have French toast.

Jackie: Ok, I like French toast. I'll have French toast and bacon.

Victor: We don't have any bacon.

Jackie: Do you have ham?

Victor: No.

Jackie: What kind of meat do you have?

Victor: Meatballs.

Jackie: French toast and meatballs???

Victor: Sure, that will be $5.99.

Later that same day...

Victor: Miss Jackie, do you want some bacon?

Jackie: I thought you don't have any bacon.

Victor: I just bought some.

Jackie: Oh, good. I would like some bacon.

Victor: I'm putting it in the oven. It will be cooked in 23 hours.

Jackie: Oh my! If it's going to take that long, I'm going to take a nap.

Victor: No! You can't! We don't allow customers to take a nap. You can take a little rest.

Victor: Ok, Miss Jackie, your bacon is all ready.

Jackie: How much does it cost?

Victor: Just about $26.


********************
And I think this is my favorite...

Victor: Miss Jackie, Mommy went to bed to sleep last night.

Jackie: That's good. I'm sure she was tired. Mommy works hard.

Victor: No, she doesn't work hard.

Jackie: Well, what does she do all day?

Victor: She stays at home with me and she talks to God all day.

(We're guessing the first part of the statement is part of the reason for the second part.)

No comments:

Post a Comment