Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, January 6, 2017

The table's smaller

*Sigh*

I took two boards out of the dining room table on Wednesday. One college student left on Monday, a second left today, and the third has just one day left.

My parents gave us the dining room table as a wedding gift. They took us to Lancaster County, right to the barn where the Amish men made buggies half of the year and tables the other half. The young, barefoot Amish boy met us and took us to the lower level of the barn where they had their sample tables and chairs. He asked how big I wanted my table to be. I said as big as I could get. My parents tried to talk me out of it. Why did I need a table that would seat 12 or so? Because. Just because.

I hope they're thankful now that they bought me the table with all the boards. In fact, we probably need a second one as we start to add significant others. But don't worry, I won't ask for a second. We wouldn't have room for it, anyway. Because for all those people who say, "Wow, you must really have a big house for all those kids," the honest answer is that no, we don't. Our house is probably smaller than yours. But we make it work. Some of us make it work with fewer complaints than others. Some with more. But I, for one, wouldn't want to clean a larger house. This one has enough cleaning, thank you.

Enough cleaning. But never enough kids.

Hopefully they'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment