Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, April 15, 2016

I'm so happy!

Well, it was time once again for the annual photos.

The weather was beautiful, I was dropping a child off to work at Allenberry, I had two helpers ...
so there was no good excuse not to take the pictures.

Except that my visually impaired, hyperactive, defiant two year old is not the most photogenic.

But it was time.  And the conditions were ripe.

I'm saving the best (best is relative here) photos until we can agree on which ones they are.  In the meantime, enjoy these photos from the end of our shoot. I made the mistake of getting closer and closer to the water as we went. As soon as Mr. Victor heard his favorite item in all the world (after Johnny Cash, A Boy Named Sue, small fries, and donuts, of course) there was no stopping him.

At first he thought it was a bit chilly so I thought I'd be safe and the butt would stay on the log as I had requested.

Silly me.

But look at that...



Pure bliss....


He said, "Mommy, I'm so happy!"


Well, good, 'cause if Victor ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. That's how the saying goes, right?


This was when he got tired of hearing me say, "Turn your face to Mommy...Smile...Show me your eyes...No, big eyes, not slits...Turn back to Mommy...Smile...Look at Mommy...Smile...Show me your eyes - big eyes..."
And this is when we knew it was time to go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment