Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, August 9, 2013

The littlest mother in the house


Victor's face is in no way indicative of his feelings for HopeAnne.  These two have a very special relationship.

At least once a day, my very active seven year old asks if she can hold her brother. She calls him Buddy.

Immediately her hyperactivity and inability to focus are gone as she cares for Victor.  And a little Cosby Show doesn't hurt.

She talks to him.  "Don't cry, Victor.  Don't worry, I understand.  I was a baby once, too."

She sings to him.  He's either going to love or hate the musical Annie.

She's not afraid of his crying; she speaks softly, gently jiggles, or changes position.

She is a very nurturing littlest big sister.

Unfortunately he's getting so big so fast that I don't know how much longer she'll be able to hold him.
But until then, I know a little voice is going to come to me each day, "Mom, can I hold Victor now?"

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! You know just yesterday Alex asked me if she can hold Victor when we visit. Man if she's asking to hold your baby, imagine what it would be like if we had another baby!

    ReplyDelete