Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, September 28, 2012

God is good.
All the time.

All the time.
God is good.

I love this simple, yet profound prayer.  Why, oh why, can't I remember it all the time?

When started this adoption journey knowing that fundraising would be a large part of it.  We knew that we'd wait on God's timing.  And we agreed that "it was good."  But then a week went by.  And the money didn't float down in an envelope from the sky.  (Yeah, my faith was that short-lived.  Okay, it's a slight exaggeration.)

I had my moments of discouragement.  "Lord, I'm not getting any younger."  As if the One who created me in the hidden places didn't already know that!

And that's when He showed up.  First of all, we found out that there is a discount offered for all paperwork turned in this month.  And then the icing on the cake, as only God can do: I had been reading the form wrong.  Our initial payment need only be half of what I thought.  And guess what?  We already have that amount.

God is good.
All the time.

All the time.
God is good.

Oh, and then our adoption consultant posted this link to her Facebook page.  Yes, I believe it with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment