Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

That's embarrassing!

I told a story at dinner tonight and at the end, Mariana said to me, "That's the best thing I've heard all day!" So, I guess I might as well share it here.

Isaac needed some chapstick today when he went to Allenberry, so I sent mine along with him. Later, feeling like my lips were a little chapped, I pulled out my brand new Burt's Bees chapstick, and applied a liberal amount. I continued on my errands, including a stop at the library where I went in and chatted with the librarian for a moment.

Back in my car, I was checking the rearview mirror to back out of my parking place when I noticed a flash of bright red.

Hmmm. That's interesting. I wonder what it could be?

A second glance showed my face, with lips of bright red. Pulling out the tube I realized my mistake. Instead of buying chapstick, I apparently had purchased lip shimmer - in a bright rhubarb hue. And I had applied a very liberal amount. At least I had stayed within the lines. And thankfully, the Good Doctor always has a stash of napkins in his glove compartment. (I tried to take a picture but it didn't have the same effect. Sorry.)

I have learned two very valuable lessons today.

1. Always read the label before applying anything to your face. Especially if you are going out in public.

2. There are reasons why your teenage daughter looks in the mirror so often. I would be wise to lay aside my aversion to said objects and check out my appearance a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment