Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nameless no more


It was about a year ago when my friend, Kym, suggested that I needed a blog name for my husband. She was, of course, referring to the viral blog, Pioneer Woman, and her Marlboro Man. The Marlboro Man mine is not but who wants to copy someone else anyway?

This got me to thinking but I have to admit it was not an easy task. I read another blog where the writer refers to her husband as The Mister. I like that. But it's obviously taken. Back to the drawing board. Most of my suggestions would have been quickly dismissed by the man in question. And I didn't think any of them were the right one anyway.

Then one day I wrote a blog and mentioned the Good Doctor. It hit me; I have a name for the man. He insists that for one whole day, he is going to have all of us call him Doc in honor of his forthcoming credentials. I refuse but decided that writing the accolade isn't as bad as having to verbalize it.

So, blogosphere, let me introduce you to my husband of 20 years, the man I've known for 24 years, the Good Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment