Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Welcome home

I don't go away very often. There are reasons for that but I am here to assure you that it has nothing to do with the huge welcome party my family plans for my arrival back home. They go out of their way to make sure I know I was missed and that I am now more appreciated than ever. Here are just a few of the special surprises they had planned for my arrival after being away only two days:

A sink full of dishes (I am certain they made some type of culinary delight that required the use of so many dishes in the preparation of said cuisine. I think they forgot to serve it, though.)

Papers and crafts all over the living room (They were working on a "Welcome Home" banner, I'm sure of it.)

Scraps of paper and various dirt on the floor (Presumably a trail so I could find them amidst the household chaos.)

Towels to be hung up (Ater late-day baths so they'd be squeaky clean for my arrival, right?)

Toys in the wrong place in every room of the house (Maybe they were sorting out toys for the Salvation Army?)

Important school information and papers to sign (To show that they believe my signature is better than their father's, they waited until I came home to unload everything.)

More excuses than usual to delay bedtime (Because they missed me so much and just wanted to hear my voice "suggesting" that it was way past time to put the BopIt away, turn out the lights, and GO TO SLEEP!)

A dog peeing in the house (He obviously caught onto the excitement that Mom was home and we're celebrating.)

An overflowing toilet that left standing water all over the bathroom floor (To remind me of the beach that I just left. How thoughtful.)

A conveniently absent husband (Who wanted me to be able to experience all the joys of a home-coming in solitude and rest.)

Home Sweet Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment