Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Victor-isms from the 9 year old

Victor to Isaac conspiratorially: I ordered a light saber on Alexa.
Isaac checks the family's Alexa account...
Isaac to Me: Ummm, Mom, did you order this?
I check the Amazon account and say to Isaac: Nope. And I also did not order the $259 bouncy house.
********************************************************************
I asked Victor if he could put some of his popcorn in a bowl for me. Apparently, this is my ration for the day.

********************************************************************

Victor: After my chores, can you give me a job so I can earn money?
Me: Sure. You can vacuum the den for me.
Victor: Okay! I'll turn on the Roomba.
Me: Ummmm...
********************************************************************

While holding Luka...
He should call me Uncle Vic because it makes me sound like an older man.
********************************************************************

Victor, while helping me hang out laundry…

V: Here’s my shirt.
Me: No, that’s my shirt.
V:How do you know?
Me: It says, “Wife, Mom, Boss.”
V: Why does it say that?
Me: You don’t think it’s true?
V: No. Dad’s the alpha male.
*******************************************************************

And sometimes it's the vocabulary, coming from the mouth of a 9 year old, that makes you stand in wonder at what comes out of his mouth...

"At school I stood on one foot until I started teetering."
"Did you hear me just now when I padded into the room?"

No comments:

Post a Comment