Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, January 22, 2021

January 22

I don't know why it never occurred to me before this year that January birthdays face the same plight as December birthdays by being so close to Christmas. Sorry, Isaac. Yes, you do need to update your Amazon list immediately after Christmas so we know what you need for your birthday. No, there won't be much you need because you ask for little and already got it all. Yes, I feel bad for you. Sorry. Not much I can do about it now. It's about, oh, twenty years too late.

But I hope you have a great day. I'm glad we were able to celebrate with you before you went back to school (and boy was that Red Lobster-style meal delicious if I do say so myself - great choice!). I'm glad you could celebrate with your sister and brother-in-law earlier in the week. I hope your friends treat you well today and celebrate the wonderful human being that you are.



Other than your father, I've never met someone so easy going, so able to go with the flow, so willing to put the other's needs first. So much of who our family is and how we look would not have been possible without your teddy bear personality and willingness to be uncomfortable so others can be comfortable. Thank you.

Enjoy your day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment