Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Grace

"Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus

Oh, for grace to trust Him more!" 

At the beginning of December I was noticing that this refrain was in my head a lot during the events of 2020. Particularly in the middle of the night or in times of stress or grief, as I called on the name, Jesus, these words would then be running through my head.

My life has not been filled with grace but somewhere around 2003-2005, God taught me about His abundant, lavish grace. I could finally see Him as the God of grace who always freely offers that grace to us. I began to give grace to myself and then I was able to more freely give it to others. 

But I know God has more to reveal to me about grace so my word for 2021 is just that - grace. I am intrigued in the connection between grace and trust as the writers of the above hymn chose to place them together in the phrase that repeats again and again in their hymn - "Oh, for grace to trust Him more!" May I be an open and eager listener to the meaning of grace this year.

"'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
I'm so glad I learned to trust Him,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that He is with me,
Will be with me to the end.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!"
-Louisa Stead

No comments:

Post a Comment