Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Psalm 100


Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.

    Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
 
Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 100 is one of the passages I can remember from my elementary school days of memorizing Scripture. This morning I read it from The Message:

 On your feet now—applaud God!
    Bring a gift of laughter,
    sing yourselves into his presence.

Know this: God is God, and God, God.
    He made us; we didn’t make him.
    We’re his people, his well-tended sheep.

Enter with the password: “Thank you!”
    Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
    Thank him. Worship him.

For God is sheer beauty,
    all-generous in love,
    loyal always and ever.

One phrase jumped out at me: Enter with the password: "Thank you!"

One habit that I picked up during the almost 3 months I was in the NICU with Victor, was to silently breathe, "Thank you" to God as I put my head on my pillow at night. By that time of day I was mentally and emotionally exhausted. I was alone yet I lived in a fishbowl with nurses always around us during my daily watch with Victor. I tried to update the many friends and family and caring strangers who were now following our story. When evening came, I was ready for bed but I knew who deserved the thanks for the day. He had kept Victor alive for one more day. He had given me everything that I needed to survive alone for another twenty-four hours. I knew that He alone had carried me.

This is a practice that I continue to this day and one that I hope I continue until the day I can tell Him face-to-face, "Thank you." Thank you for sustaining me. Thank you for being by my side. Thank you for the many blessings. Thank you for your strength when I couldn't go on alone.

Making myself at home. Talking praise and worshipping Him.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment