Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, December 20, 2019

Victor-isms for the holidays

V: Molly, what did you just say?
Molly: Victor, I don't know what I just said. I have short term memory loss.
V: *long sigh* I think I have long term memory loss.
********************

In large group during Sunday morning kids' services, a deep voice was heard. After the voice announced that he'd be reading the Christmas story from Luke, Victor yelled, "That's Luke Skywalker!"
*********************

"It's weaker than dust."
(We can't remember what he was referring to.)
*********************

He was playing with a bubble machine and after realizing that it was later in the afternoon than he thought, Victor said, "Time just bubbled away."
********************

It's a good thing I don't get offended easily. One day Victor heard one of the kids mention something from my college days. Victor asked, "Why were you in college? You're just a mom." And after a bit more thought, "Did you go to college to learn how to be a mom?"
********************

One night Victor came to me and wanted me to lean down so he could whisper in my ear. His secret admission? "Mom, I have sinned again."
********************

An older brother was telling Victor that he had a date. Victor wanted to know if he was getting married. When told no (it was, after all, a first date), Victor became very upset.
********************

V: Hope, what are you learning in social studies?
HopeAnne answers something about a feudal system and the Black Death. He was very interested in rats spreading disease. Then...
V: What are you studying in science?
HopeAnne: Well, mostly reproduction, DNA, traits, that kind of thing.
V: Oh, so...the genetic code?

Yes, Mr. Smarty Pants. That is correct.
********************

"When I'm old and it's a week before I get married, I'm going to have a huuuuuuuge yard sale and sell all my kid things."
********************

Instead of stocking gifts, we write letters to each other and put them in the stockings. Then on Christmas eve morning (our Christmas), we spend time reading them. Victor and HopeAnne currently get along like the Kardashians so this is the best he could do for his letter to her (shhhhh, don't tell her til after Christmas Eve):

Dear hopeAnne, I love you to 100,000,000,023 pieces even 
[though we] argue with me I stil argue with you
I stil love you
Merry Christmas
from Victor noah King

********************

Eden to the bus driver when picking Victor up: Merry Christmas!
Victor to the bus driver: Don't forget the resurrection of Jesus Christ!
********************

No comments:

Post a Comment