Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, January 4, 2019

I myself go with you

There is this misconception that life is supposed to be easy. I honestly have no idea where it comes from. Look around. Look at every single God follower in the Bible. Which one had it easy?

And sometimes it's there in black-and-white.

Deuteronomy is a very long sermon given by Moses, summarizing the 40 year exodus and pleading with the people once again to remain faithful to the God who saved them from slavery, fed them in the wilderness, and showed them numerous signs and wonders. It's also a not-very-subtle picture into the future, of what will happen if/when the people turn to other gods.

And after all of these dire warnings and predictions for the future, God says to Joshua, "Okay, Joshua,  you have just heard that these people are going to disobey me and I will cause disease and loses in war and slavery and death for these people. Moses laid it all out very clearly and you know that you're next in line to lead these folks so be strong and courageous, for you are going to do what I've asked, and I myself will be with you." (Deut. 31:23)

Okay, there are really only 2 phrases in my paraphrase that actually come from the Bible, but you get the gist. Life is going to be hard. But I've called you to step into the midst of it. So be strong and courageous and God will be with you.

So to my fellow travelers, life is hard. Be strong and courageous. God is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment