Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, January 22, 2018

I keep asking

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God's people, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened 
in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, 
the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people, 
and His incomparably great power for us who believe.
Ephesians 1: 15 - 19a

I know this has been a tough year for you. It's been a tough year for all of us. But your dependability, your spiritual leadership in our home, and your gifts of love, grace, and forgiveness have steadily grown.

These words from Ephesians, chosen for you when you were just a little guy, continue to be my prayer for you. Yesterday the phrase that begins verse 17 popped out at me, "I keep asking..." I will keep asking that you will be filled with the Holy Spirit, that you will be given wisdom and that your hope will always be in Christ.

There is a reason for everything and your life experiences, all before you are out of your teens, are surely part of God's plan for preparing your for your life's work. As you pursue a career in music, possibly education, your understanding of children and behavior will be invaluable. Your ability to love even when there isn't always trust, will be crucial. Your maturity and calmness in the storm will be a steadying influence among your peers.

So I keep asking that God gives you every experience necessary so that you can be a light wherever you go, a light which attracts others to you so you can lead them to the Father who never leaves, never fails, and never gives up.

Happy 17th birthday, Isaac! I love you and hope you have a great day! And even though you called out my gray hairs in your Christmas letter, thanks for your steadfastness as we've weathered the events that brought them there. It has been a joy to begin the college selection process with you, to see you grow in your musical abilities, and to watch how God is bringing it all together.



No comments:

Post a Comment