Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Flying the nest

During our trip to Kentucky, Jesse asked me how I was feeling about Andrew moving to Kentucky. Not just for college, but for real. My response was quick, "As long as my children are doing what God created them to do, I am happy. I am excited for Andrew and his job with the Governor, doing what he loves to do."

I still agree with that answer but as I've had time to think about it, I'd word it a bit differently. So, to Andrew and all of the King kids, here is my final answer, "As long as you are pursuing your first love, I am happy for you. Because as long as I am pursuing my first love, I can place you in His capable arms. I can be excited instead of worried. I can feel joy instead of possessiveness. I should not be your first love and you should not be mine, so why would I need you to stay close? Why would I want you to stay close? Live for God and for others and I will be here cheering you on, praying for you, and encouraging you, whether close or far. Of course I will miss you but it will make your calls and texts and messages especially meaningful. And hearing your excitement for what you do will give me great joy. I've watched you find your gifts and passions, and steered you in learning opportunities so you could pursue those gifts further. Now you're using them for real. This is what this thing called parenting is all about and I thank God for the privilege of guiding you to this place."


No comments:

Post a Comment