Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Victor keeps talking...


I love you, Mom. You're my special boy.
But when he's mad at me he yells...

STUPID BOY!
********************
Victor: Mom, where's Dad?
Me: He's at work.
Victor: What is he doing?
Me: I don't know. He's probably in meetings.
Victor: He's playing his guitar. And listening to Hershey.
Me: Hersh.
Victor: What did you say?
Me: I said, "His name is Hersh."
Victor: Right. He's listening to Hersh. And singing songs...
********************

But I don't want to eat supper; I just want to have fun! (And then he called me an apricot for suggesting that he eat supper. On the meanness continuum, I'm not sure if I should be more or less offended that I've moved from a period to a question mark to a pepperoni to an apricot?)
********************
Me: Victor, tell me about pretty school today.
Victor: I went.
Me: Yeah, I knew that.
********************

Soda buzzes me. Take the spicy out.
********************
Me: Victor, please turn that music down so I can hear myself think.
After a bit of a fuss he turned the music down and then...
Victor: I can't hear you thinking.
********************
I was narrating the morning for Victor, telling him about the children and parents I saw walking into pretty school. "Oh, there's Owen and his daddy. I see Jacob walking up the stairs." Etc. Then I said, "I see a little girl but I don't know her name. She must be in Ms. Ursula's class."
Victor (who couldn't possibly see her because she was too far away for his limited vision): Ooooo, she's so cute!
Hope: Oh, are you going to marry her?
Victor: Yes! I'm going to buy her a ring that lights up.

No comments:

Post a Comment