Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

We've been busy

Thanks to my faithful reading audience, I am often alerted to the fact that I have not posted in a few days or, as is the current case, "quite some time." This was gracefully revealed to me this past Sunday at which time I vowed to go home and immediately post. It didn't happen. I have another caring friend who will even go as far as to tell me the exact date of my last post. It was Aug. 11, 2015 for those who weren't paying attention.

I have several excuses.

We sent a child back to college.

We sent another off to his freshman year.

We were getting a bunch of kids ready for high school, and another ready for 5th grade.

I was working on lesson plans for a 3rd grader.

I was being bossed around by a very angry, very verbal, very tantrum-driven visually impaired 2 year old.

That should be excuse enough but if you need one more....

Oh yeah, we added another family member.

But you're right. None of these excuses should have kept me from my computer so here's more of what we've been up to.

Eden and HopeAnne chose well for their summer project this year, as least in my book. They each chose sewing and I was happy to jump into this project with them.

First we did some crafts learning to hand sew buttons and seams.

Then the girls made pillows.

And pillow cases.

And finally, skirts from thrift shop shirts.


My little fashionista decided to make a shrug from the left-over part of the shirt. Not bad.




We had planned on one more project, pillowcase dresses for Dress a Girl Around the World but time ran away from us. We may still try to complete a few dresses this week but it may have to wait for another time.

Oh, and I was able to squeeze in one more Quilt of Many Textures for someone who wanted to give it to a friend who just found out her child is visually impaired.

All in a day's (or summer's) work.

No comments:

Post a Comment