Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Victor's turn

Mom's last blog post was less than flattering toward me, making me sound like such a criminal, so I would like the chance to redeem myself.

I have to tell you, self-feeding is really not all it's cracked up to be. While it can be fun, it does take a lot of time and energy. If I had my way, I'd just let someone feed me forever. But you see, I have this OT who thinks I really, really, really need to learn to use a spoon. And Mom has taken her side.

I refused and refused and refused.

But one day my OT got a brilliant idea and she brought out the ice cream. In the middle of the day. And it wasn't even a Wednesday or Sunday, the only days that Mom says we can have ice cream.

They put that bowl of ice cream in front of me but refused to take the spoon from the bowl and put it into my mouth for me. They made me do it.

I wasn't happy. I screamed. I hit. But what was I supposed to do?  It was ice cream for goodness' sake!

So as you know from Mom's story, I'm still not a fan of self-feeding with a spoon.

Although, on the other hand, I have discovered a very interesting phenomenon and that is that after I use a spoon, I get a bath. It doesn't matter if I already got one that morning or the day before. Apparently using the spoon means that I get to do one of my favorite things.

This gig might not be so bad after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment