Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Friday, August 15, 2014

Massage Day

Yesterday started as Dentist Day for the Kings. That means 4 Kids, 1 Baby, 2 Hygienists, 1 Dentist, and 1 Mom. No, I didn't count it as a day of school but we were there long enough that I know a few homeschoolers who would have done just that. And then it was New Hairdo Day for HopeAnne. That means 1 Child, 1 Baby to chase, 18 Braids, Numerous Tears, 54 Beads, and 1 Mom. I slept well last night.

Today was Massage Day. For me. That means 1 Mom and 1 Massage Therapist, Quiet Music, the Sound of Water Flowing, Massage Oil, and All the Kinks Worked Out.

My massage therapist is wonderful. Actually, she's not my massage therapist. She couldn't possibly survive on the income from one or two massages a year so she I have to share her with many others. But she certainly knows what she's doing and doesn't say things like, "If I didn't know better, I'd say this is the back of a 70 year old woman." She might think it but she has never said it aloud. She knows just how to find the knots and apply just the right amount of pressure. And she had the most amazing God story to share with me today. She reminded me to believe in miracles. I'm certain she did more for me in one session than the chiropractor has done in the past few months. I think it's time to change strategies to nip this pain in the bud. Well, it's way beyond bud stage but it is time to send it off without a return ticket. Yes, she definitely gets my vote for best massage therapist in town. Lucky you, I'm willing to share.

Oh, and did I mention that she's blind?

No comments:

Post a Comment