Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Sunday, March 13, 2022

He's a day younger

What do I say for the son who is making me feel older each year as he creeps closer to 30?


I always hate when I read something like, "To the child who made me a mom..." so I won't do that. But I'm feeling it today. Maybe it's indigestion. (10 points if you get the musical reference)

The quintessential first-born. Rule-following. Perfectionistic. Too much like your mother (I'm sorry - but just think, you could have had a stay-at-home father and been more like him.) You got my allergies and my poor eyesight. You got his teeth. But I like to think there are some good qualities that we passed on as well. Creativity. Love of a good story. A great sense of humor. Those come from me. Love of politics and current events. Loving your family well. That comes from my other half. 

As the two of you continue to find your way in DC, I pray that you will draw closer to Christ and to each other, that you will feel more at home in your church, and find a community that will encourage and support you in your Christian walk and marriage. 

Have a great day celebrating with your wife, who after enjoying her day of being one year older, is now the same age once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment