Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Victor-isms - if you've been experiencing withdrawal

 Victor: I think Samson is one of the most famous people in the Bible.

Me: And why do you think that?
Victor: Because he says one of the most important verses in the Bible.
Me: And what verse is that?
Victor: With a donkey’s jawbone I have made donkeys of them. With a donkey’s jawbone I have killed a thousand men. Aren’t I good at memorizing verses, Mom?
Me: Very. Especially the obscure ones.
Also me: Do I want to ask why he thinks that’s one of the most important verses in the Bible?
********************
Victor to Mariana while spending a weekend with Big Sister and Bigger Brother-in-law:
"You guys must be very rich to live in an apartment."

And while Victor and Mariana tried to gang up on Jake:
"With my power combined with your...your...youuuurrrrrr lack of power, he doesn't stand a chance."
********************
"I like to dry my hands on my pants. It's like my own personal towel."
**********************
We've been reading The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind and it has just fueled Victor's obsession with inventing and exploring how things work. This is great. However, his last comment as he was talking about his plans for the day was a bit disturbing, "So, Mom, I'd rather die by electrocution than by fire so if that happens, well, see ya!"
Ummmm, let's talk about those plans again, okay?
********************
A certain 7 year old has been the backseat driver to his father teaching his 16 year old sister how to drive. Now, as I'm driving him from here to there, I get comments from the backseat like, "You know you can turn right on red, right?" And my favorite, "Punch it!"
*********************
Victor to his teacher one day: Have you ever had a wedgie?
Teacher: Wha?...Have I?...Oh...I think that's a good place to end for today. See you tomorrow!
Smart guy.
********************
A certain 8 year old in my home chooses to listen to the Bible on CD all night long and a radio station of sermons all day long. He just came to me, all excited, "Mom! Mom! You gotta listen to this pastor! He's talking about angerness!" And Mom thinks to herself, "Why couldn't he be talking about the plank in one's own eye instead?
********************
Victor: So how many more sentences do I need?
Me: You need two more supporting details and then the concluding sentence.
Victor (to get out of the two details): I'm going to plan ahead and work on the concluding sentence. The Bible does say to plan ahead, right?
********************
So, when your child is asked to name a celebrity for Mad Libs, what are the chances he’ll respond with, “One of the 2 midwives from Exodus”? He apologized for not remembering either of their names.

*********************
In the continuing saga of Victor Listens to the Entire Bible on CD...Today he asked me if, after giving birth to Isaac, I had 30 days of purification. When I told him that I did not, he wanted to know if this was acceptable behavior to skip out on this practice. Then, in a strange twist of topic, he told me that God told eunuchs that they couldn't complain about being dry trees, told me he thought this was funny, but then asked, seriously, if it was okay for him to laugh at something in the Bible.
********************
Victor, in a rare moment of gratitude (?) and awe:
"I can't believe I live at this bed and breakfast."
********************
“This is the hardest life I’ve ever been in.”
-Victor King, Age 7 3/4

Me too, buddy, me too.
**********************
"I just think the world doesn't really know me yet."
********************

No comments:

Post a Comment