Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Monday, December 22, 2014

All through the night

I woke up at 3:30 this morning to work some magic on a coughing child. She sweetly thanked me which ended up being the highlight of my night. But the magic worked and the coughing stopped.

If only I had some magic to put myself back to sleep.

Never mind. Victor woke up crying. The poor guy thinks that if he can't find a pacifier and he isn't sufficiently wrapped in blankets that he needs to alert me. Poor me, actually.

I tried wrapping in blankets but wasn't desperate enough to try a pacifier. Maybe I should have.

Half an hour later the dog was barking. I let him out of the den thinking he must need to relieve himself but he walked right past the back door I held open for him and into the bathroom where he got himself a big, long drink. Before you judge, let me tell you that we got this dog used and he has never, ever helped himself to the doggie water bowl. I don't know what his first owners did to him but he prefers his out of the toilet, thank you very much. But only if it's clean which is a good thing, I guess.  He's been known to sit outside of the door and whine if the throne room is occupied when he gets a hankerin' for a long sip of toilet water.

All in a day's work. Or should I say, night's work?

Whatever. Of course The Good Doctor slept right on through the coughing, the crying, the barking and the lapping. This is the same man who slept through, "Mom...Mom...Mom...I'm going to throw up!" yelled directly into his ear, to me on the other side of the bed. And this is also the same man who slept through being taped to the sofa.

Some people have all the luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment