Pages

Welcome to the KingZoo and Funny Farm, where we learn to live, laugh, and love together. Here you'll find snippets of life in our zoo, parenting tips we've learned along the way, reflections on shining God's light in this world, passions in the realm of orphan care, and our journey as parents of a visually impaired child with sensory processing disorder. Have fun!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My grandmother



This is my grandmother. Pray-er, crafter, crochet-er, quilter, sewer, lover of laughter and family.





I won't tell you her age because that would be rude but because I'm very proud of her longevity, I will let it slip that she was born in 1921.


We're not quite sure what Santa was saying to her, but she was certainly enjoying it.

Since she lives with my parents we were able to enjoy her presence in and out of our Christmas celebrations over the last four days.


And this. This memory will stay with me forever. HopeAnne learned to crochet in the past 2 months. Knowing that (Great) Grandmom has been the creator of many of our household decorations through the years, HopeAnne decided to ask Grandmom to teach her a new stitch. Grandmom was more than happy to help her out.


Proof that you don't have to share DNA to be family, that love flows through generations, and that each family member has a role to play.

My grandmother with her children

No comments:

Post a Comment